» www.pays-albertville.com » Heritage

Fortifications around Pays d'Albertville

You are invited to join one of the guided tours, rich in commentary and anecdotes led by guides certified by the Heritage Department (The Ministry of Culture).

Information:
Maison Rouge - Grande Place de Conflans 73200 Albertville -  Tel. +33 (0)4 79 37 86 85 - Fax +33 (0)4 79 32 83 39

Mercury

Tamié fort

Overlooking Col de Tamié pass and the abbey, the fort offers for free a pedestrian path with three vista points of the bauges mountains, the Combe de savoie valley, and MontBlanc.
Col de Tamié 73200 Mercury
show on map more
Albertville

Fort du Mont

Built between 1877 and 1881, at 1130 meters elevation on the western flanks of Roche Pourrie, this defenseive fort and garrison, with the Laitelet and Têtes bunkers, is strategically placed between the Beaufortain Mountains and the Tarentaise Valley. Extremely well preserved, today it houses a cheese-aging facility for Beaufort cheese.
73200 Albertville
Military fort, for cavalrymen, is located above the city of Ugine.
73400 Marthod
show on map more
Tournon

La Tourmotte

Along the consular road from Vienne to Milan via Col du Petit Saint-Bernard Passn La Tourmotte, an old feudal bauley (mound) from the 11th century, was contained within one of the Count of Savoie's castles, which was much larger in the 13th century.
73460 Tournon
show on map more
Mercury

Fort de Tamié

The largest fort to have been built on the edges of the Alps by France in the 19th C. It was constructed in 1876 by 600 Italian workers and controlled Albertville.
1209 route de chevron 73200 Mercury
show on map more
Esserts-Blay

Esserts-Blay's Castle

Built in the XV° century, the castle (also called fortified manor house of Blay) is devastated by a fire in 1609. In 2002, the municipality start to renovate it.
73540 Esserts-Blay
show on map more