Ajouter aux favoris
Historic site and monument

La Chapelle de la Minière

Galerie
Description

The baroque chapel in La Minière dates back to the seventeenth century (1661). It is dedicated to Saint Barbe,( patron saint of miners)who is represented in the wall painting, to Saint Lucie (patron saint of stone sculptors) and to Saint Bernard de Menthon (patron saint of mountain people)

It was restored in 1883, then in 1985. In the painting the same scene was reproduced.
Its wrought iron grid, bearing the date of 1668 and the name of the artist –G Bonnet-, is remarkable. A similar one exists in Chambéry in the Croix d’Or street, on the mansion of the Castagnery family who owned the mines in St Georges. Another one also exists in the choir of the old church in Annecy

Ouverture

All year round, daily.

Tarifs

Free access.

Infos complémentaires
  • Langues parlées : French
  • Animaux acceptés : Non

This can interest you

Marc Thiaffey
  • Wifi
  • Parking
  • Animaux acceptés
Ajouter aux favoris

Le Grand Filon - Musée du Fer

LE GRAND FILON - MUSÉE DU FER vous propose une nouvelle identité visuelle dans le cadre de l’installation de la ...

Saint-Georges-d'Hurtières
Site minier des Hurtières - Petite histoire des mines de Porte de Maurienne
Oui
  • Animaux acceptés
Ajouter aux favoris

Parcours Petite histoire des mines

Un homme emblématique vous fait découvrir l'histoire locale du fer : Humbert Grange. Vous ne pourriez pas trouver ...

Val-d'Arc
Mes favoris
Télécharger la fiche des favoris

Vous n‘avez pas encore ajouté de fiche à vos favoris.